Joseph M. Junfola
CPCU, SCLA, RPLU+, AIC-M, ARe, ARM, ASLI, AU, AIDA, AIS
Policy Language Review
Mediation, Trial Monitoring, Carrier (Allocation) Meetings, Settlement Conferences
Cause and Effect: Managing the Construction Defect Claim – webinar/workshop series
My insurance claim career spans 44 years, all of which have been spent managing, directly or in a supervisory capacity, commercial and personal lines insurance claims. For the last 29 years, I have specialized in commercial long-term exposure, or continuous property damage, bodily injury, and personal injury claims on a national basis, primarily, but not exclusively, involving construction defect, environmental, toxic tort, and product liability, and design professional liability claims. I frequently collaborate with underwriting professionals to draft and redraft policy language. My experience also includes construction accident claims, particularly third-party-over actions in New York.
During the first 14+ years of my career, I supervised personal lines claims, both on a primary and umbrella basis, in the State of New Jersey. It was during this time, in the early 1990s, that I qualified as an expert in the evaluation of automobile bodily injury claims in Federal Court. On behalf of the U.S., I testified as an expert in Newark Federal Court in two related automobile insurance fraud prosecutions of a fraud ring that included a physician, three attorneys, and their respective office staffs.
I am a staunch proponent of lifetime professional development as evidenced by my participation in formal programs as well as by my creation and delivery of webinars and workshops.
Effective September 2020, I joined the Academy of Insurance as an instructor, https://www.ijacademy.com/.
Effective April 2021, I joined the adjunct faculty at Borough of Manhattan Community College – CUNY and teach Fundamentals of Risk Management and Insurance and Property and Liability Insurance Principles
Effective April 2021, I am excited to announce my affiliation with PolicyFind™, a team of insurance archaeology professionals with decades of experience identifying and locating lost or mislaid liability insurance policies for policyholders.
These valuable assets can be worth millions of dollars in defense and indemnity protection against claims for environmental property damage, product liability, claims against employees, and other types of “long-tail” claims.
I invite you to visit our website to learn more about us and what we can do for you and/or your clients.
- ConstructionRisk.com – https://www.constructionrisk.com/
- Coverage Opinions – http://coverageopinions.info/index.html
- Insurance Risk Management Institute – https://www.irmi.com/online/default.aspx
- The National Underwriter Company – http://www.nationalunderwriterpc.com/Pages/default.aspx
- The Institutes – https://www.theinstitutes.org/
- Professional Liability Defense Federation – https://www.pldf.org/default.aspx
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society – http://plusweb.org/
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance – https://www.theclm.org/
- InsuranceThoughtLeadership.com – https://www.insurancethoughtleadership.com/
- Claims Magazine – https://www.propertycasualty360.com/claims-magazine/current-issue/
- Claims Journal – https://www.claimsjournal.com/
- Academy of Insurance – https://www.ijacademy.com/